This time of year is all about colorful leaves, football, and pumpkin-spiced everything. If you’re like us, you’ve probably been ready for fall for quite some time. But is your HVAC system also prepared for the colder temperatures?
The fact is that a poorly running system could mean a less comfortable home and higher energy bills, neither of which are much fun. So how can you and your family stay cozy throughout the season without breaking the bank?
Complete the following tasks to help your HVAC system operate as efficiently as possible:
- Change the air filter and clean the vents – Just because you did this regularly during the summer doesn’t mean you can all of a sudden stop. On a monthly basis, be sure to check the filter and replace if it’s dirty. At Allegiance Heating & Cooling, our HVAC contractors recommend replacing filters every three months or so. Homeowners should also get in the habit of cleaning out air vents so that warm air can flow more freely throughout the house.
- Insulate the attic – Wouldn’t it be nice to keep more warm air inside the house? Unfortunately, many homeowners don’t even realize they’re basically throwing money away because of poor insulation. By installing insulation in the attic, you put significantly less pressure on your HVAC system without compromising the ideal temperature.
- Install a programmable thermostat – After a long day, the last thing you want to do is return to a cold home. That’s why now is the time to install a programmable thermostat. Not only will a thermostat help keep your residence at the right temperature, but it assists with your energy efficiency efforts.
- Have a professional inspect your system – A properly running HVAC system requires yearly service. Sure, it certainly helps to take on the aforementioned tasks yourself. But an experienced HVAC technician will conduct a thorough inspection that allows them to spot any potential issues before they turn into something major.
- Replace your system – The cost of a new HVAC system tends to scare homeowners away. Keep in mind, though, that today’s high-efficient models could save you as much as 40 percent on annual energy expenses. Reach out to your local HVAC service if your current system is more than 10 years old.
Your Trusted HVAC Contractors
There are a number of options for heating repair in Mokena, IL. So how do you know which is right for your needs? Allegiance Heating & Cooling has been serving local residents for nearly two decades.
Family owned and operated, we go above and beyond to meet the needs of customers. Whereas other HVAC companies are only concerned about getting paid and moving on to the next appointment, the Allegiance team emphasizes integrity. You can count on us to walk you through our process, explain what’s wrong with your system, and then provide several solutions that fall within your budget.
Never will our technicians try to sell you on a brand new system you don’t even need. Let us help you keep your home comfortable all season long.
Contact us today for a free quote.